Friday, January 16, 2009

An Observation of an Earth Child; Priorities.

My first night here was sort of awkward. I hadn't slept before. It was nice once it came, but with so much to do on this planet, how does anyone get any sleep? I watched an info-mercial. An amazing cloth that picked up 1000 times it's weight of water. ShamWoW!. I didn't buy one but was very entertained. Come to think of it, I didn't have  choice but to watch it. The device known as a remote control was lost and the TV I watched has no buttons on the outside. Human user interfaces are crap.

But as I watched this show at 3 o'clock in the morning, the 2 year old came down stairs. He looked at me with a smug look on his face, rubbed his eyes, and held up his cup.

Without a word, I jumped up and filled this young humans cup with juice. How did he do it? Do the children of this planet have some sort of menial psychic ability? I was amazed.

But then the child began screaming at the TV. I don't think he liked what I was watching. But I was watching it so I told him to go to bed. He yelled at me some more. So I told him I couldn't find the clicker and we were stuck so tough luck.

This child, the same one who couldn't get his own drink, a substance needed for survival, threw his head back, looked at me like I was an idiot, walked over to his favorite chair, lifted the cushion, and pulled out the remote control I had looked for earlier in the night. He then changed the channel to a man in a purple dinosaur suit who sings songs with other children. Again, I was amazed.

Sleep came easy for me after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment